03 March 2013

Little Ears, Big Brain!

Molly is always listening. I'm amazed by what kinds of things she picks up on and what sticks in her memory. For a while, "Jesse Jackson Jr." and "Fiscal Cliff" were radio words that she would shout out anytime she heard them broadcast. More recently, she's heard Mali on the news and she's convinced that they're talking about her. Yesterday, the name Gail was spoken, and Molly announced, "They're talking about my Little Lambs teacher!" This afternoon in the car, I was talking to Dave about a sound from the car that I was hearing. I wondered if it was all just in my head. Molly informed me that there are bones in my head. Where did she hear about that? That got her wondering whether houses have bones and about what cars are made of too. I love hearing her work through new ideas... one days all these little sound bites will make some sort of sense... it's a big world and she's still got lots to learn!

Molly is in love with Richard Scarry's Busytown characters. So far, we've worked on painting Lowly Worm, Huckle Cat, Arthur Pig, and Jimmy Crocodile... stay tuned for more masterpieces!

Molly has never been a great phone talker, but I started letting her hold the phone while she talks to daddy and she's starting to get chatting. My guess is that she'll skip right to texting before we know it!

This weekend was the big Timothy Christian resale! Among our great finds were a fun new tutu skirt and some cool puzzles.

Molly's getting ready to shoot some botox into Dave. Thanks, Doc!

Our sleepy Sue is a still a good napper. Her bed is pretty crowded with stuff these days and she loves to burrow under the covers and wakes up sweaty, most days!

Sunday morning snuggles! We enjoy slow mornings on Sundays with specials breakfasts and time to relax before our 11:00 church.

No comments:

Post a Comment