24 February 2013

I Scream, You Scream... ICE CREAM!


Let it snow! Usually at this time of year, I am aching for spring. Winter has a way of gnawing away at my sanity! But our winter has been so mild that I've been savoring each bit of snow and and I've been trying to make the most of our opportunities to be outside. We were in Michigan over the weekend again and I finally had the chance to get in one good cross country ski tour of the farm last night. Molly discovered a new winter experience - eating snow. She was licking the snow "ice cream" off of pine cones when I suggested that maybe she had had enough for now. Molly's reply was, "But I really want to try the yellow ice cream!" In her defense, Molly gets white and yellow mixed up, so I don't think she was actually eyeing any doggy deposits. Dad and Emily got a real kick out of the moment, though! So, let's keep the snowflakes falling for a couple more weeks. I'm proud to be raising a tough little Midwestern girl who can handle the cold and the snow and I'm treasuring our seasons as I watch time fly by.


Good old Nellie and Emily's new furry friend Turtle.

Hanging out in Molly's "hideout"! Auntie Em played the part of Captain Mittens!

Taking a break for some Mickey Mouse... Molly yells the secret password "Miska Mooska Mickey Mouse" right along with her favorite characters.

"Ice Cream!"

Molly was the sprinkle engineer for Em's birthday cake. She started pouring while I wasn't paying attention and got about a half inch layer of sprinkles before I could stop the madness.

Two orange camera- only one that's edible (or semi-edible, depending on your feelings about gluten free flour).

Puddle jumping in Pullman!


Let it snow! These fireman boots are ready for more cold weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment