Surprise! Dave earned the title of secret keeper of the year. He surprised me with a golden birthday party on Friday night! It was FANTASTIC. I like to think that I'm a pretty perceptive person and that the one who I know best can't slip too much past me, but Dave really got me good this time. Molly and I were gone all day Friday, giving Dave (and Beth and Em and Bryce) the perfect opportunity to clean the house, put up some glamorous golden decorations and set up a feast for friends. Molly and I pulled up near our house and saw some friends just down the street... "What are you guys doing in Pullman?" "Ummm... we've never been in the neighborhood and we thought we'd just check it out!" I totally bought the excuse (they were actually just late for the party) and I think seeing unexpected friends threw me off enough so that I didn't notice the cleaned up porch, the closed blinds, and the sound of babies cooing in my living room. I was gullible and clueless and it was GREAT. For those of you who have not yet celebrated your golden birthday, or have somehow missed the opportunity, it is when you turn the age of your birth date. Like 31 on the 31st... get it? Thank you, thank you, thank you to all my family and friends who pitched in to make me feel like a queen!
 |
| Emily's amazing golden birthday cake. YUM! |
 |
| SURPRISE! |
 |
| Making our way through the golden buffet! |
 |
| Some of the party animals hanging out. |
 |
| Molly loved bossing the kids around and showing off all of her toys. They somehow found our trampoline... I mean our bed! |
 |
| Dave and Molly spoiled me some more on Saturday, taking me to my favorite Thai restaurant and out to a fun little bookstore. Molly is a fan of "chicken popsicles" - aka chicken satay. I just love anything with peanut sauce. |
 |
| Howdy! My two favorite cow-people dressed up for playing restaurant. |
 |
| Molly turned her banana peel into a slide for her fingers... a little engineer in the making! |
No comments:
Post a Comment