I think maybe our biggest battle in parenting may be the tug of war that we'll put our children through in deciding whether they'll be scientists or historians. So far, I think I have a leg up on Dave, now that I'm with Molly almost every waking (and sometimes sleeping) moment. The science teacher in me can't help but introduce Molly to the wonderful world around us. We've been talking a lot about what happens to the food in our bodies when we eat it. I think Molly is under the impression that digestion happens a lot quicker than it actually does. She thinks as soon as something goes in, it should be ready to come back out the other end. Now that it gets dark a bit earlier in the evening, we've worked on the concept of day and night. We're still a little shaky on understanding where that silly sun goes every night! The first thing Molly does when she gets up in the morning is to look out to see if the sun came up. And of course we spend a lot of time looking at bugs and other creatures around us. Right now, Molly and I have a mini vermicomposting bin that we're working on. Wormies! And Molly is a big fan of hunting for pill bugs in her sand box. Let's hope Molly latches on to the good old scientific method before her dad fills her mind with timelines and history trivia!
| Keeping things moving right along! The digestion process at work! |
| WOW! A roley poley pill bug! |
| Our mini wigwam - made out of branches that I trimmed this week! |
| We're working on those pedalling skills! And check out that sweet '80s shirt- that was mine back in the day. |
| 3-2-1 BLASTOFF! Molly is jumping on a sketch of robo-astronaut Molly. |
| "I got a brand new pair of roller skates!" We dug these sweet skates out of the Francis basement. Most of Molly's skating looked a whole lot like me dragging her around on her new wheels. |
| Fire! Fuego! Brave Bomberos! Molly got some quality time reading and hanging out with Grammy and Bompy while Dave and I went to a wedding this weekend. |
| Up, up and away! |
| Savoring one more grape tomato from the garden. |
No comments:
Post a Comment