16 September 2012

Sweet, Sweet Spirit

So God breathed life into Adam and Even. When they opened their eyes, the first thing they ever saw was God's face. And when God saw them he was like a new dad. "You look like me," he said. "You're the most beautiful thing I've ever made!" God loved them with all of his heart. And they were lovely because he loved them.
- From the Jesus Storybook Bible 

Molly has latched onto the idea of being one of God's creatures. Tonight, we were doing the normal bathtub routine. Spongy shark, little dolly Ariel, Molly and I were having a nice little chat. Sharky mentioned that Ariel is special and Molly chimed in, "God made her?" Pretty much whenever Molly hears that something is "special", she says "God made it?". It's such a sweet, sweet bit of spiritual growth in our little girl.

We've had lots of little moments over the last six months or during our evening Bible and prayer time with Molly that make us smile, sigh, and wonder. When reading the creation story, Molly kept hearing "God created... God made", but she kept asking "Where's God?" He didn't actually show up in any of the pictures. How do you explain omnipresence to a two year old? When we read about Jesus on the cross, she pointed out Jesus' "ouchie boo boos" to us. During prayer times, Molly would shout out random things from the day that were especially happy that we should thank God for... Sand! Elephants! Wipes!

We're so blessed by the seeds of faith that are already sprouting within our daughter.

Here are a few pics from this week...
While Dave had his late classes on Tuesday, Molly and I hit the beach! Here we're eating our sandy sandwiches.

The lake was  a little bit cool... this is a few minute before I let go of her hand and she got dunked by a wave.

Chasing seagulls!

Sand/shell castle time.

"I whip my hair back and forth" - We took a walk next to the I&M canal on Saturday afternoon.

Reading with Daddy!

Are you sure you were ready to catch her?

Pure Joy!

Super Grump!

Checking out a cool art exhibit on the side of the Hotel Florence in Pullman.

No comments:

Post a Comment