We've had a delicious week at the Boven home. My project for a couple of days was using up some of the beautiful tomatoes from the Francis family garden to make salsa. I decided to go the whole nine yards and can the salsa too! I think this was my first solo canning experience. Where was I during all those years when mom and grandma were canning fruit and veggies and jams and jellies? Well, I guess we'll find out whether I did it all right or not when winter rolls around and we pop open a jar of salsa!
My other culinary creativity has come in the form of making lunches more fun (and therefore more edible) to Molly! Just about every day I come up with some sort of animal or human face to munch up. I know I've been successful when she correctly guesses who or what the sandwich is supposed to be. Sometimes the face is a little ambiguous. We were stuck today, trying to decide whether our waffle looked more like Papi or SpongeBob.
We've also been very into fruit kebabs. I think Molly's favorite part is sucking out the little pieces that get stuck in the straw when I slide the fruit into place.
I'm including a couple of pictures of playtime in this post too. The playground has been extra exciting lately with an excavator and bulldozer digging a new sewer line down the street! Thanks to shows like Bob the Builder, I don't think Molly actually realizes that the machines aren't alive and that there are people making them work.
My other culinary creativity has come in the form of making lunches more fun (and therefore more edible) to Molly! Just about every day I come up with some sort of animal or human face to munch up. I know I've been successful when she correctly guesses who or what the sandwich is supposed to be. Sometimes the face is a little ambiguous. We were stuck today, trying to decide whether our waffle looked more like Papi or SpongeBob.
We've also been very into fruit kebabs. I think Molly's favorite part is sucking out the little pieces that get stuck in the straw when I slide the fruit into place.
I'm including a couple of pictures of playtime in this post too. The playground has been extra exciting lately with an excavator and bulldozer digging a new sewer line down the street! Thanks to shows like Bob the Builder, I don't think Molly actually realizes that the machines aren't alive and that there are people making them work.
| Cat and mice lunch! |
| Molly sucking the marrow out of her fruit kebabs. |
| Finished Product! |
| pre-salsafication |
| Dave turning our sidewalk into something like a crime scene. |
| Oops! I forgot to flip this one! She looks like a pretty impressive rock climber from this angle. |
| Twins! |
| Making good use of the double stroller on our morning walk! (Jayden is under the blanket.) |
| WooHoo! Construction! |
| My two favorites! |
No comments:
Post a Comment