We just got done with our first big girl food fight... and I don't mean the fun ones where you get mashed potatoes in your hair. Sunday night is homemade pizza night here at Boven HQ and for some reason, our odd little duck officially "doesn't like pizza". Okay, no big deal... there are probably healthier options anyway. Molly does like all of the pizza ingredients, so tonight I tried making her a calzone (yes... so very different from pizza!). She was excited and on board until we finally sat down. I cut up my masterpiece for her and requested a 2 piece minimum trial. 1.5 hours, 1 potty break, 2 "MOLLY" cheers by her parents and 1 "WAH" tantrum later (she actually yells out WAH!), no progress was made. She had no snacks since lunch, and no other supper food yet, so we know she was hungry... but she held her ground. Molly is now quietly resting in her bed, having nothing to eat, no evening playtime and no bath. So... hard to tell... did we lose the battle? At least I know that we're winning the war. I've got Daddy Dave on my side and we're united in our love for our little girl and our commitment to teaching and discipline too.
 |
| Lego creations! |
 |
| Smoothie night... YUM. Molly prefers to just eat the whipped cream with her fingers. |
 |
| Happy Birthday Aunt Beth! Molly designed this awe inspiring glitter squirrel card. |
 |
| A celebratory breakfast at Egg Harbor. |
 |
| The Boven clan enjoying their freshly squeezed blueberry orange juice and coconut coffee... fabulous! |
 |
| Aunt Beth had a friend bring back this beautiful lehenga dress from India as a suprise for Molly. Dhanyavad, Aunt Beth! |
 |
| Super scooting... don't worry... I don't think Daddy can move all that fast on his little pink Razor scooter. |
|
 |
| Sometimes you just need to dress up like a pumpkin. |
 |
| Snuggling and reading. Molly and I had a little book party - I'm working on getting ahead on readings for my first Master's class that starts tomorrow! |
 |
| Maybe this scene should have tipped me off that tonight was going to be one of those nights. This is Molly hiding in the far right corner when she is supposed to be putting her books away. |
No comments:
Post a Comment