26 May 2013

I can do it!

Molly is quite the independent girl lately. It feels like every time we turn around, she's mastering (or at least attempting) some new task. We're enjoying the helpful moments that come with this sense of independence and keeping a good sense of humor through the "I want it my way, and I want it now" temper tantrums that seem to accompany the big girl attitude. 

Here are some of Molly's new and continuing accomplishments...

I can... COOK! Molly can pour from the big measuring cups all by herself and is getting (slightly) more accurate with teaspoons and tablespoons.

I can... KNEAD bread and TASTE! Molly is learning when it is okay to sample some of our kitchen creations and when it's maybe not the best idea.

I can... CLIMB up into my booster chair and BUCKLE myself in! Molly is super into buckles... she gets mad when I choose a shopping cart that's missing the snaps.

I can... MOVE the stool around where I need it...

... AND go on the big potty! Now for the wiping...

I can... WASH my own hands! Molly also gets to practice brushing her teeth by herself in the morning.

I can... CARRY the dishes and leftovers from the dining room to the kitchen.

I can... WASH the table down after we eat!

 Way to go, big girl! And here are a few more photos from the week along with a couple that wouldn't upload last week...


Reading to the play babies.

Emergency appendectomy on Daddy... Molly's adding the "hot sauce" at the end to help him heal.

This week we've been really into playing school. Tonight we learned about chicken toes... I know it's weird... we picked an animal card out of our pile and read the back. Then we made some chicken models of our own, complete with 4 toes!

Tomato time!


Time for a ride!

Molly and Annie climbing a mountain while Jimmy heads down!

Sweet cousins!

We can at least get them all in the same shot... now for the smiles and eye contact! :)

Two Boven babes together!

Puddle hopping... we had a rainy week!

Sleepy Molly. She looks like an infant all swaddled up again! Watching her sleeping sweetly reminds me of the children's book... "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always... as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be!"


No comments:

Post a Comment