16 June 2013

City Mice, Country Mice

Summer is in full swing for the Boven family! We've had a couple of great weeks of playing and enjoying life! Last weekend, we were down on the farm, gardening and strawberrying with Grammy and Bompy. We planted potatoes, raspberries,  and tomatoes... and Bompy filled in the gaps with a few other goodies later on. Molly started the day saying, "I don't want to get dirt on my feet!" 10 minutes later, she was in the middle of the garden with her shoes off, filling her crocs with dirt. This is the girl I've always hoped she would be- barefoot, bug catching, mud all over kind of girl! This week, Dave and I enjoyed the city life with the babysitting services of Nana and Papi. We took off for a Cubs game with Beth and then took a quick anniversary trip to Milwaukee for a change of pace. We missed our little girl, but I think having enough space to miss someone once in a while is a good thing! And of course, we brought her back some souvenirs from our "meetings".

So a quick note on the pics... we're having a few uploading difficulties... more to come soon! :)

Tiger Time! We hit the Lincoln Park Zoo for some animal fun!

I love the matching expressions! Like father like daughter!

First backyard strawberry of the year!

Gorilla  gazing at the zoo!

Twin day!

Our last day with Jayden! We'll miss this little buddy!

Vineyard exploration!



Tractor time!

Molly felt it was very necessary to spray down the potatoes to get them clean before tossing them back into the dirt.

Strawberry pie time... a Pagel and Francis family tradition.

Bike and trike parade!


Molly's first sleep in her new bed... she looks so tiny in there!

We started watching a new friend... she'll be playing with Molly twice a week this summer!


Cubs time! I learned that Cubs fans DON'T do the wave... can you believe it? I'm feeling more and more like a southside SOX fan!

MEGA Nachos... we had to get this size so we could take the hat back to Molly!


The schnitzel and sauerkraut balls at Mader's German Restaurant was definitely a Milwaukee highlight!

"Aaaaeeeyyy!" Dave and the Fonz... we were lucky to randomly come across this icon!



We stopped by the Milwaukee Art Museum for a little culture! (Not that the Fonz wasn't super classy!)

Happy Birthday Nana!

Our Father's Day tradition... Dinosaur biscuits!

And breakfast in bed! Molly's mound of cheese crumbs made me glad I wasn't planning to go back to sleep until well after the sheets were changed! Happy Father's Day to an amazing Dad! 


No comments:

Post a Comment