21 October 2012

All by herself!

Molly is becoming quite the independent little girl these days. Lately, Dave and I just sit back and marvel at how much she's grown in confidence. This weekend, our main event was the Moes' annual pumpkin party. Molly spent most of the night playing with minimal parental supervision with a bunch of wild and rowdy kids, most of whom were a few years older. When we finally packed up and go, she just said, "My friends a little bit crazy!" and she definitely had a ball.  The weekly event Molly looks forward to the most this fall is going to her Little Lambs class. I attend a Mom's group at a local church and Little Lambs is the preschool class for Molly. The first week I dropped Molly off, realizing she was one of the youngest kids in a roomful of kids she didn't know (we're at Hope CRC, which isn't our home church), and I was a little apprehensive. But Molly didn't blink an eye! She's loving the singing and stories and crafts and different toys from what we have at home! Her teachers say she's pretty quiet, but she's cooperative and excited to be there. These steps toward independence seem huge to us. I think Molly was in such different place just six months ago! Who knows what the future will bring... I don't know that Molly will ever be the loud and bossy kid in her class, but she's got that little light of self confidence glowing and growing!

Our little pumpkin with our big pumpkins!

Stage 2 of the robot costume... still a little work to do, but looking pretty robo-awesome!

Some serious reading in our favorite book corner.

CONSTRUCTION! Molly gets some waves from the workers who are digging up a road that's a couple blocks away.

Swinging with shadows!
Investigating roley poleys!

TWIN day!

Pumpkin Party! Molly was good at poking the face parts out, once they were cut.
Hard at work at the adult table.

Hard at work on our masterpiece.

Some of the finished adult pumpkins- Dave's is the one toothed one in the middle. Molly and mine is Daniel Tiger (from Molly's fav show!) next to Dave's. 

Listening to the "Pump" speaches, where we all promote our pumpkins. The Boven family did not take any prizes home this year for our carving skills... we're going to have to practice on watermelon's in the off season so we're ready for next year!




The kiddie pumpkins!


Dave and I celebrated 100 months of marriage on Friday! We went to a fun restaurant called 100 South Chop House - appropriate, right? And Nana was happy to have some time with Molly.

No comments:

Post a Comment