"Here's a glass of grape juice with a potato in it. This will be yummy." - waitress Molly, during restaurant time
Welcome to the land of make believe! Molly's imagination is going strong these days. She's excited to come up with new ways of bossing us around - two favorites this week were playing school and restaurant. School mostly involves everyone packing their lunch, sitting around for circle time and having recess. I am the teacher and Molly usually gets to be the line leader. We're working on her ability to raise her hand and wait to be called on... not because we're preparing her for school, I think I just miss the power trip of the classroom! Dave gets a kick out of playing restaurant. He always gets to be the customer, while Molly is the waitress and I'm the chef. Dave takes advantage of the opportunity to wear various costumes to the restaurant and that usually involves him sporting some academic dress. We thoroughly enjoy the land of make believe... maybe we can milk this type of play into getting some work done around the house... how does playing "janitor" sound, Molly?
 |
| Two amigos holding hands. Jayden is sitting up well now and rolling all over the place. Check out Molly's overalls... a sweet outfit from the Beth Francis 80's collection! |
 |
| Science time! I found an old incredible growing alligator in the basement and Molly and I did some careful experimentation to find out what would happen when we stuck him in water. |
 |
| The results! Our hypothesis was correct... he definitely grew in length, mass and slimey-ness! |
 |
| Yee haw! |
 |
| Our wild west saloon! |
 |
| This is as much snow as we've had all year in Chicago! Luckily, Molly is light enough that the sled doesn't scrape the pavement, even with only an inch of snow. |
 |
| We took advantage of the snow and the sunny Saturday at our favorite local park. |
 |
| Snow angels on the basketball court! |
 |
| The closer we snuggle, the warmer we'll be! |
 |
| Jayden (and his parents) gave us a gift certificate for one of our favorite restaurants - Chi Tung! We haven't been back in YEARS, so we decided to try it again on Saturday night. The food was a great as ever and we were wowed by the great kids meal and little kiddie extras that came with it (practice chop sticks!). Here Molly's licking her satay beef lollipop. Thanks, Meeks family! |
 |
| More make believe... Looking good, Dave and Molly! I can tell that Dave's fashion sense has rubbed off! |
No comments:
Post a Comment