Sing with me
...
Be Patient! Be Patient! Don't be in such a hurry! When you get impatient, you only start to worry!
This week we had a good week of learning about patience. My mom had back surgery on Monday and Molly and I camped out at the farm, helping in whatever way we could. Molly had a few rough patches of impatience... for some reason, she had a tough time waiting when Grammy needed a hand and there were a few tears and time outs. I remember one frustrating moment this week when I informed my parents that my daughter is a psychopath... we've been dealing with her lack of remorse - she flat out refuses to ever say sorry or admit that she's done something wrong - and there are days when I'm just a little concerned about her mental state! :) My good Calvinist husband would probably recite something about total depravity in this situation.
So it was a sweet bit of encouragement when, by the end of the week, Molly was saying, "You can help Grammy, I will be patient!" and "Grammy, can I help with your walker?" There's hope yet for our little girl!
 |
| Molly is taking up the Francis girl tradition of jigsaw puzzles! This was the first time she really took the time to finish up a big kid puzzle. Yay for longer attention spans! |
 |
| Getting some fresh air down on the farm! |
 |
| Auntie Em and Molly working on a Lion King paint with water picture... hopefully her aunt's creativity will rub off on Molly. |
 |
| We found a fun book about Anna and the Little Green Dragon in Grammy and Bompy's basement. We recreated a thrilling scene from the book in which the dragon pops out of a cereal box. Trust me... it was exciting! |
 |
| Pine cones + Peanut Butter + Bird Seed = 1 happy girl + a few happy birds (or squirrels) + 1 big mess |
 |
| Molly is a champion straw slurper. I think she is getting ready for the future when we all just lay around and slurp all our meals, like in the movie Wall-E! |
 |
| Hanging out our new pine cone feeder. Molly is demonstrating how to swoop in for seeds. |
 |
| Pete Wildman, our scouser neighbor when we worked at Woodstock in India, stayed for a day with us while he was in town. |
 |
| We made the pilgrimage up to the 103rd floor of the Sears Tower (yes, I know it's Willis now!) for some great views. This was the first time up there for Pete, Molly and I and the first time in a couple of decades for Dave. |
 |
| Sweet home, Chicago! |
 |
| Brave Bovens out on the ledge! |
No comments:
Post a Comment